If you have a problem with USB port’s of your computer ,here are some guidelines that may help you.
Problem related to the connected device. Check that the connected hardware runs an another computer . Test other equipment on the same USB port.
· One or more USB ports may stop working due to a failar of the motherboard (after a power surge…)
· There may be a problem between the port’s and the motherboard (faulty or disconnected cable)
· Try the other USB ports one by one to check if they are properly connected to the motherboard or enabled in the BIOS.
· If either the front or rear connectors are working ,it is probably due to fault in the connection between the USB ports and motherboard (check the extension cable) .
Driver and software issues
· Check in the device manager that there is no yellow exclamation mark, which means a driver issue ,next to the USB ports (re-install the drivers if need)
· Uninstalling and reinstalling the USB driver may fix the problem (be careful if you disable the USB ports make sure that you have a PS2 mouse and keyboard to operate your PC)
· Some problems with USB ports: scan your PC using an online antivirus….etc
· Restore your computer to an earlier point in time ,repairing or reinstalling Windows can address this problem.
· Check if the port are enable in the BIOS feature.